* 1 catfish (or any meaty white fish) weight 400-500 grams
* 3 tablespoons fish sauce
* 4 tablespoons lime juice
* 1 tablespoon sugar
* 5-10 chilies, chopped
* 1/4 cup shallot, sliced
* 1 mango, julienned (or sour green apple)
* 1/4 cup fried cashew nuts, or peanut
* coriander leaves (for garnishing)
1. Roast the fish in an oven (at 450f) until cooked. Remove from oven and wait until cool. Then use a fork to fluff the cooked fish meat.
2. Heat oil in a wok over medium heat. Wait until hot then fry the fluffed meat in batches until golden. Remove and drain. Transfer to a serving plate.
3. In a medium-sized bowl, add fish sauce, lime juice, sugar, chilies, shallots and mango. Stir until all ingredients mixed well. You can adjust the taste according to your desired one, but the original taste should be sour, hot, and salty, with a slight sweetness at the end.
4. Before serving, sprinkle fried cashew nuts and coriander leaves on top of crispy fish. You can pour in the salad over fried fish and serve immediately. Or you can serve by putting the crispy fish on a plate and serve the salad mixture in another dipping sauce bowl.
(For 2 Serving)
© 2007 EzyThaiCooking.com All rights reserved .