* 200 grams thai swamp cabbage, cleaned and cut into 1" long
* 1/2 cup wheat flour (or all purpose flour), dissolved in water
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* 5-8 medium-sized shrimps, cleaned, shelled and scalded in boiling water
* 1 tablespoon ground peanut
* 2 tablespoons roasted finely sliced coconut meat
* 2 tablespoons coconut milk
* 2 tablespoons sugar
* 1 1/2 tablespoon fish sauce
* 1/4 cup tamarind concentrate
* cooking oil
1. Mix together wheat flour, baking powder and water. Stir until mixed well, then add swamp cabbage. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in a wok over medium heat. Add swamp cabbage (already dip in flour mixture) and fry until golden and crispy. Remove, drain and arrange in serving plate.
3. Prepare the dressing salad : mix together cooked shrimps, ground peanut, roasted coconut milk, coconut milk, sugar, fish sauce and tamarind concentrate. Transfer to a dipping sauce bowl.
4. Serve crispy swamp cabbage and dressing salad separately. Or pour the dressing over crispy swamp cabbage, then serve with hot steamed rice.
(For 2 Serving)
© 2007 EzyThaiCooking.com All rights reserved .