* 3 - 4 black preserved eggs
* 100 grams ground pork (or chicken)
* 1 tablespoon minced garlic
* 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped chili
* 1 tablespoon fish sauce
* 1/2 tablespoon black soy sauce
* 1/2 tablespoon sugar
* 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
* 3 red chilies, sliced diagnally
* 1 1/2 cup basil leaves
(for deep fry 1/2 cup + stir fry 1 cup)
* cooking oil
1. Heat water in a pot, then add the black preserved eggs. Wait until cooked (10-15 minutes), drain, shell and cut into 4 pieces/egg (quarter).
2. Heat oil in a wok, add prepared eggs and fry until golen and crispy. Remove and drain. Transfer to a serving plate.
3. In the same wok, after frying eggs, then add 1/2 cup of basil leaves. Fry until crispy, then remove and drain.
4. Heat oil in a wok over medium heat (use the leftover oil from frying eggs and basil leaves). Add garlic and stir fry until golden and aromatic. Then add coarsely chopped chili, pork, red chili. and 2 tablespoons of water. Stir fry until the pork is nearly cooked.
5. Season with oyster sauce, fish sauce, sugar and black soy sauce. Add 1 cup of basil leaves and stir until all ingredients mixed well and the pork is done. Remove from heat.
6. Pour over the stir fried pork with basil over the fried black preserved egg. Finally sprinkle with the fried crispy basil leaves (step 2). Serve immediately with hot steamed rice.
(For 2 Serving)
© 2007 EzyThaiCooking.com All rights reserved .