* 100 grams medium-sized shrimps, cleaned, shelled and deviened
* 100 grams minced pork
* 1 tablespoon water chestnuts, cut into small cubes
* 1 tablespoon shitake mushroom, cut into small cubes
* 1/2 tablespoon sugar
* 1 teaspoon coriander root, finely chopped
* 1 teaspoon minced garlic
* 1 tablespoon fish sauce
* 1 tablespoon soy sauce
* chinese chive leave [bai kuy chai], scald in hot water and slice into a thin line for binding wonton wrappers
* sweet plum sauce or sweet chili sauce (for dipping)
Thai Food Preparations
1. In a big bowl, add shrmip, pork, shitake, water chestnut, sugar, coriander root, garlic, fish sauce, and soy sauce. Knead until it becomes smooth paste and mixed finely together.
2. Place a wonton wrapper on your palm, and put a teaspoon of prepared mixture in the center. Gather up the corners and bind together with chinese chive leave (or rice noodle which already soaked in water) to make a small bag.
3. Heat oil in a wok over medium heat. Wait until hot, then deep fry for 3-5 minutes until golden brown and cooked thoroughly. Remove and drain.
4. Transfer to a serving plate. Serve immediately with dipping sauce (and other fresh vegetables, such as cucumber, tomato, carrot, etc.)