Thai Recipes : Northern Style Pork Curry with Garlic
* Thai Recipe Ingredients *
* 600-800 grams pork, cut into well pieces
* Hung-Lay curry paste (see below)
* 2-4 tablespooons tamarind concentrate
* 4-6 pieces, pickled garlic
* 3 tablespoons, thinly sliced ginger
* 3 tablespoons sugar
* 1 teaspoon black soy sauce
* 3 tablespoons pickled garlic water
* 5 cups water
Hung-Lay Curry Paste ingredients
* 8-10 dried chilies
* 5 pieces of sliced galangal
* 2 stalks of lemon grass (lightly pounded and cut into 2" long)
* 5 red shallots
* 15-20 garlic cloves
* 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
* 1 tablespoon shrimp paste
* 2 teaspoons Hung-Lay powder
Thai Food Preparations
1. Grind all Hung-Lay curry paste ingredients in a mortar and pound until mixed thoroughly (or using food processor).
2. Heat oil in a wok over medium heat and add the Hung-Lay curry paste (step 1), stir well until fragrant. Then add pork and stir until mixed thoroughly.
3. Add water, black soy sauce, pickled garlics, sliced gingers and stir until all mixed well. Pour the mixture into a pot, Bring to boil and simmer over low heat at least 60 minutes or until the pork is tender. Season with sugar, pickled garlic water and tamarind concentrate. Stir until all ingredients mixed well then remove from heat.
4. Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve immediately with hot steamed rice.