* 1 fish (any meaty white fish) weight 400-500 grams (or fish fillets)
* 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
* 1 tablespoon fish sauce
* 1 teaspoon sugar
* cooking oil
* fresh vegetable (tomato, cucumber, cabbage, etc. for garnishing)
Thai Food Preparations
1. Score the fish at an angle all the way to the bones on both sides to help it cook faster.
2. Heat oil in a wok, about half a cup or at least to the side of the fish. Fry the fish on low heat, about 10 minutes on the first side. Don't try to loosen the fish from the pan until it is done, otherwise, the fish breaks up.
3. When the first side is cooked, flip and fry the other side, for 5 minutes. When the fish is cooked thoroughly, remove and set it on a plate.
4. To make the sauce : Heat one tablespoon of the leftover oil (after deep frying fish). Wait until hot then add sugar, fish sauce, and oyster. Stir until mixed well then remove from heat.
5. Garnish the fresh vegetables with fried fish. Before serving, pour the sauce on top of fried fish then serve immediately with hot steamed rice.