1. Clean and score the fish at an angle all the way to the bones on both sides to help it cook faster.
2. Heat oil in a wok, about half a cup or at least to the side of the fish. Fry the fish on low heat, about 10 minutes on the first side. Don't try to loosen the fish from the pan until it is done, otherwise, the fish breaks up.
3. When the first side is cooked, flip and fry the other side, for 5 minutes. When the fish is cooked thoroughly, remove and set it on a plate.
4. Prepare the sauce : Mix together lime juice, fish sauce, red shallot, lemongrass, parsley, coriander leaves, cubed lemon and chopped chili. Stir until mixed well.
5. Sprinkle with mint leaves on the fried fish. Pour the sauce over the fish or separate in dipping sauce bowl. Serve with steamed vegetables and hot steamed rice.
(For 2 Serving)