1. In a medium size bowl, add garlic, pepper, oyster sauce, coriander roots, soy sauce, sesame oil and chicken. Mix together and let marinade for at least 2 hours.
2. Prepare the dipping suace by adding all dipping ingredients in the sauce pan or small wok. With low heat, stir until sugar and salt dissolved well. Wait until the sauce boils, then turn of the heat and transfer the sauce to a dipping saucer.
3. The marinated pieces of chicken are then wrapped in the prepared pandan leaves. Click here to see step by step how to wrap chicken nicely.
4. The wrapped chicken is steamed for about 10 minutes. After steaming, deep fry the steamed wrapped chicken in hot oil until the chicken is fully cooked. Remove and drain.
5. Transfer to a serving dish and serve with the prepared dipping sauce.