* 1 whole chicken (~450 grams)
* 5 cups jasmine rice (or long grain rice)
* 5 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
* 3 pieces of ginger, peeled and crushed
* 1 tablespoon of salt
* coriander leaves (for garnishing)
Ingredients for Thai Chicken Rice dipping sauce
* 3 tbsp salted soyabean sauce
* 3 tbsp soy sauce
* 1 tbsp sweet black soy sauce
* 2 tbsp sugar
* 3 tbsp coarsely chopped fresh ginger
* 2 tbsp coarsely chopped garlic
* 6-8 chili peppers
* 2 tbsp white vinegar
* 5 tbsp chicken stock
1. Boiling water in a large pot (put water just cover the chicken), also add 1 tablespoon of salt.
2. Wait until chicken is cooked, skimming the top for scum and excess fat.
3. Remove the chicken from the pot and cut into well pieces.
4. Heat chicken oil in a wok over medium heat. Then add chopped garlic and sliced ginger. Stir fry until fragrant, then add rice. Stir fry until all miixed well. Transfer to the rice cooker. Add chicken stock just enough to cook 5 cups of rice, then turn on the switch to cook. Wait until the rice is cooked.
5. While waiting for the rice, prepare the dipping sauce by pouring all diping sauce ingredients in the blender. Blend until all mixed well. Ttransfer to a small serving cup.
6. Serve rice with chicken pieces, dipping sauce, and fresh cucumber (sliced thinly). Garnish with coriander leaves on top before serving.
(For 2 Serving)
© 2007 EzyThaiCooking.com All rights reserved .