Thai Recipes : Sour and Spicy Smoked Dry Fish Soup
* Thai Recipe Ingredients *
* 250 grams smoked dry fish (or fresh fish fillets)
* 2 tablespoons tamarind concentrate
* 3 dried chilies, sliced
* 3 tablespoons fish sauce
* 3 - 5 red shallots, grilled and smashed
* 2 lemongrasses, cut into 2" long and smashed
* 50 grams tomatoes, cut into well pieces
* 1 teaspoon sugar
* 8 pieces of sliced galangal
* 5 kaffir lime leaves
* 1/2 cup holy basil
* 2 cups soup (or water)
* tamarind leaves (for garnishing)
Thai Food Preparations
1. Heat soup in a pot over medium heat. Add galangal, lemongrass, and red shallot. Wait until boiling, then add smoked dried fish (or fresh fillets).
2. Season with tamarind conentrate, fish sauce and sugar. Then add dried chili, tomato, holy basil and kaffir lime leaves. Wait until the soup boiling again, then stir until all ingredients mixed well. Remove from heat.
3. Transfer to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with tamarind leaves. Serve immediately with hot steamed rice.