* 5-8 mackerel fish, cleaned
* 6 garlic cloves
* 10-15 peppercorns
* 4-6 coriander roots
* 5-10 red chilies
* 1 piece ginger, smashed
* 1 teaspoon sugar
* 1 tablespoon tamarind concentrate
* 1 tablespoon fish sauce
* 2 tablespoons black soy sauce
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup water
* cooking oil
1. Grind garlic, peppercorns, coriander roots and salt in a mortar and pound until mixed thoroughly (or using food processor).
2. Heat oil in a wok over medium heat and add the ground mixture (prepared in the 1st step). Fry until aromatic then add some water.
3. Add sugar, black soy sauce, tamarind concentrate, ginger and chilies. Stir fry until all ingredients mixed well. Add prepared mackerel fish and turn to low heat. Let simmer for at least 3 hours or more.
4. Transfer to a serving bowl (or plate). Garnish on top with coriander leaves. Serve immediately with hot steamed rice.
(For 2 Serving)
© 2007 EzyThaiCooking.com All rights reserved .