* 6-8 pieces of chicken drumsticks or thighs
* 350 grams ginger, sliced
* 350 grams carrot, cut into well pieces
* 1/2 onion, cut into well pieces
* 100 grams scallion, chopped
* 3-5 chilies, chopped
* 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
* 2 tablespoons soy sauce
* 2 tablespoons cooking wine
* 1 tablespoon sugar
* 2 cups water
* cooking oil
* coriander leaves (for garnishing)
1. Heat oil in a wok. Wait until hot then add the chicken. Fried until nearly cooked then remove and drain.
2. In a big pot, heat water until hot. Add soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, cooking wine. Stir until all mixed well.
3. Add fried chicken, ginger, onion and carrot. Wait until boiling, then turn down the heat to low level. Simmer for at least 30 minutes.
4. Add scallion and chilies. Leave it for 3 minutes then remove the pot from heat.
5. Transfer stewed chicken to the serving plate. Garnish with coriander leaves and fresh scallion. Serve immediately with hot steamed rice.
(For 2 Serving)
© 2007 EzyThaiCooking.com All rights reserved .