Thai Recipes : Steamed Fish with Lime, Garlic and Chili Sauce
* Thai Recipe Ingredients *
* 1 fish (any meaty white fish) weight 400-500 grams
* 2 - 3 lemongrass stalks
* 8-12 chinese celery leaves
* 3-5 chilies, chopped
* 6 cloves garlic, chopped
* 3 tablespoons fish sauce
* 3 tablespoons sugar
* 4 tablespoons lime juice
* 1/2 cup chicken stock
* coriander leaves (for garnishing)
Thai Food Preparations
1. Clean and score the fish at an angle all the way to the bones on both sides to help it cook faster. Pound the lemongrass and put it inside the fish. Set the fish on a heat-proof plate which is able to put in a steamer.
2. Heat water in a steamer until boiling. Then put the prepared fish in the steamer and leave it for 10-15 minutes.
3. In a medium-sized bowl, add chicken stock, chili, garlic, fish sauce, sugar and lime juice. Stir until mixed well.
4. When the fish is cooked thoroughly, pour the prepared sauce over the fish and sprinkle on top with chinese celery and coriander leaves. Steam for 2 more minures. Then reomve from heat and serve immediately with hot steamed rice.