* 12 medium-size shrimps, deveined
* 10 mushrooms
* 1 stalk of lemon grass (lightly pounded and cut into 2" long)
* 4 pieces of sliced galangal
* 4-5 shallots
* 2 coriander roots
* 3 lime leaves
* 1 teaspoon of salt
* 2 tablespoons of fish sauce
* 2 tablespoons of culantro
* 1/2 cup, evaporated milk
* 3 tablespoons of lime juice
* 1 teaspoon of sugar
* 6 hot peppers (pounded lightly)
* 4 cups of water
* 1/2 cup of roughly cut coriander leaves
* 1 tablespoon of roasted chili paste
1. Remove the shrimp shell but leave the tails (for good appearance). Then cut open the back of each shrimp to remove the veins. Also clean the mushrooms with water and dry them well before wedging each into quarters.
2. Bring water to boil, then add lemongrass, coriander roots, galangal, shallot and chili. Then add shrimps and mushroom. Wait until the shrimps turn pink, add kaffir lime leaves and culantro.
3. Remove the pot from heat after boiling. Then season with fish sauce, lime juice (also evaporated milk and roasted chili paste). Serve the soup while still hot and garnish on top with pieces of coriander leaves.
(For 2 Serving)
© 2007 EzyThaiCooking.com All rights reserved .