* 1 cup cooked fish fillet
* 150 grams fish balls
* 2 tablespoons dried chili (soak in water, remove and drain)
* 5 - 8 dried red chili peppers (soak in water, remove and drain)
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 2 teaspoons finely sliced galangal
* 1/2 tablespoon finely sliced lemongrass
* 1/2 tablespoon garlic, coarsely chopped
* 1/2 tablespoon tumeric, finely sliced
* 1/2 tablespoon finger root
* 3 tablespoons shrimp paste
* 2 red shallots
* 1/2 cup undiluted coconut milk
* 2 cups diluted coconut milk
* 2 garcinias (som-kak)
* 1/4 cup fish sauce
* 2 tablespoons sugar
* 800 grams noodle
* boiled egg and fresh vegetables (string bean, bean sprout, mint leaves, cucumber, etc.)
1. Grind dried chili, dried red chili pepper, salt, lemongrass, galangal, red shallot, garlic, finger root and tumeric in a mortar and pound until mixed thoroughly (or using food processor). Then add cooked fish fillet and shrimp paste. Grind again until mixed well.
2. Heat diluted coconut milk in a pot over medium heat. Add prepared mixture (1st step) and stir until dissolved. Add fish balls and season with fish sauce, sugar and garcinia.
3. Turn down to low heat. Add undiluted coconut milk and simmer for 15 minutes. Wait until boiling again, remove from heat and transfer to a serving bowl.
4. Arrange noodle with prepared vegetables. Serve immediately with prepared hot soup and boiled egg.
(For 2 Serving)
© 2007 EzyThaiCooking.com All rights reserved .