* 8-10 medium sized shrimps, cleaned, peeled and deveined
* 200 grams fish fillet (any meaty white fish)
* 4 tablespoons hot and sour curry paste
* 4 tablespoons of tamarind juice
* 3 tablespoons of fish sauce
* 1 teaspoon of palm sugar
* Lemon juice
* 1 bunch of acacia leaf [thai : cha-om] (optional)
* 3 eggs (optional, to make acacia omelette)
1. Put the fish fillet in a boiling water and wait until it cooked. Then take out (debone, if necessary), and crush the cooked fish in a mortar with hot and sour curry paste until mixed well. Remove and set aside.
2. Heat water in a pot, wait until boiling. Add the hot and sour curry paste and season with fish sauce, tamarind juice and sugar till tasteful.
3. Add the shrimps and acacia omelette (optional, see below). When the soup boiling, remove from heat. Add lemon juice as desired taste. Transfer to a serving bowl, and serve with steamed rice.
Acacia Omelette : this recipe is optional. However, thai people love to eat this omelette with hot and sour curry. (If you cannot find acacia in your local grocery store, you may try to use other fresh vegetables instead.)
1. Wash cha-om and nip the leaves and young leaves then cut into 1-inch portions.
2. Add the beaten eggs in a bowl, and also add the acacia. Stir until all mixed well.
3. Heat oil in a wok. Add the beaten eggs with acacia in the wok, fry until cooked and golden, then remove and drain. Slice into cubes.
(For 2 Serving)
© 2007 EzyThaiCooking.com All rights reserved .