* 800 grams pork, cut into 1 1/2" thick x 8 " long
* 2 tablespoons chinese cooking wine
* 2 tablespoons sesame oil
* 1 tablespoon sugar
* 1/2 tablespoon salt
* 1 1/2 tablespoons black soy sauce
* 2 tablespoons soy sauce (light)
* 3 tablespoons tomato sauce (or ketchup)
* 2 eggs , boiled, shelled and cut into well pieces
* 1/4 cup tapioca flour, dissolved with water
* coriander leaves (for garnishing)
* fresh vegetables ( sliced cucumber and scallion)
Thai Food Preparations
1. Wash the pork in clean water, remove and drain. Marinade the pork with chinese cooking wine, sesame oil, sugar, salt, black soy sauce, soy sauce, tomato sauce. Stir until all ingredients mixed well and let marinated for 2-3 hours.
2. Heat a wok over medium heat. Add the pork (with marinated sauce), occasionally stir, and let simmer for at least 5-10 minutes.
3. Transfer the pork to the oven. Bake it in the oven (medium heat) for 30 minutes.
4. Remove the pork from the oven. Slice the pork into well pieces and then transfer to a serving plate.
5. To make the red sauce : Heat a wok over medium heat. Add 1 cup of water with the left over marinated sauce (after simmering). Wait until boiling, then pour in tapioca flour (dissolved in water). Stir until the sauce gets thick.
6. Before serving, dress the BBQ pork with red sauce. Garnish on top with coriander leaves, serve with boiled egg, hot steamed rice and fresh vegetables (sliced cucumber, and scallion).